- Parkinson’s UK – the main support and research charity for Parkinson’s in the UK.
A great source of information with a lively set of forums.
- Parkinson’s Movement – Patient-led, focussed on research, this vibrant new organisation is an attempt to engage people with Parkinson’s with their own futures.
- EPDA (European Parkinson’s Disease Association) – the European umbrella organisation for Parkinson’s disease. It represents 45 member organisations (including Parkinson’s UK) and is the advocate for the rights and needs of over 1.2 million people with Parkinson’s and their families.
- Parkinson’s Voices – a European site that aims to give a voice to people with Parkinson’s. Sponsored by UCB, a Belgian pharmaceutical company.
- Michael J. Fox Foundation – Michael J. Fox was famously diagnosed while he was a working actor, and has since become an outspoken advocate for research into Parkinson’s. His foundation raises money and funds research projects around the world; it also raises awareness.
Blogs by other Parkies:
- A blog by Boo – the seemingly undauntable Colleen.
- Pete Langman – a rather splendid writer who just happens to have Parkinson’s.
- Stitch This – Quarkee’s blog about craft and life-in-general.
- Sitting Comfortably? – Andy Daly is resolutely not blogging about Parkinson’s. Apart from sometimes.
- Bibmomma’s Blog – Reflections of an early onset Parkinson’s patient – What it says on the tin. An extensive blog dealing largely, but not exclusively, with Parkinson’s, written by an erudite Texan lady.